2010年1月21日木曜日

Comparison of British Chtristmas and New Year with Japanese Christmas and New Year

Today I am going to compare. Japanese Christmas and New Year with British.
In Britain, Christmas Day is a holiday, but Christmas Eve is not.
People buy present for present for friends and family. and hide them and to Christmas Eve.
Then they put the present under the Christmas tree. People go to church, open there present it’s Christmas lunch and watch the Queen’s speech.
Christmas lunch is usually roast turkey, roast potatoes, vegetables, menace pies and Christmas pudding.
In Japan Christmas day is holiday and Christmas Eve.
People buy present for friends and family and hide them and to Christmas Eve.
Then they put the presents in to the socks.
Christmas day wit they family or friends or couple. On Christmas dinner is usually roast chicken, cake.
Couple spend Christmas day watching night view.
In Britain New Years a short holiday. Only January first a holiday. People go to parties on New Year Eve, stay up until midnight. Although January 2nd is not a holiday, many people stay home
There is no special food for New Year.
In Japan pay a visit to a shrine on New Year’s Day. People pray for luck and draw a fortune slip there. People usually eat Japanese traditional food call `Osech’ and rice cake.
Children get the New Year’s gift.
In both Japan and Britain, people spend the holidays with family and friends.
In Britain, people give not presents at New Year, but in Japan, people give presents at New Yare.
In Japan, New Year is important, but in Britain, New Year is not important.


I spend with my friends in Christmas Eve. And we ate lunch and ice cream in restaurant. We had spent many talks there.
In new Yare, I ate rice cake. It was very delicious.
I paid visit to a shrine with my family. I was pray for luck and a fortune slip there. I draw a fortune slip. It was end luck.
I mat local friend. We seldom met so very happy.
I had good time winter vacation.  

0 件のコメント: